Thursday, July 28, 2005

Some hope.

I've been away, helping out with a high school debate institute, but that's now over. We put out respectable Human Rights and Foucault criticisms and put together the bare bones of a Bioregionalism position. I worked on a Civil Asset Forfeiture affirmative too, but there's no way in hell that it's topical. Now I'm catching up on reading for leisure and some classes I'm taking in the Fall (Updike, Dawkins, Heidegger, and probability theory) before the debate lock-in starts next week.

In the mean time, there's some good news coming out of a
US District Court. While delivering a sentence in a terrorism case, a Reagan appointed judge called out Bush, pointing out that we can use due process and the US court system to deal with violent extremists, rather than the human rights joke going on down at Gitmo.

I can't wait for the substace-free attack on his character. I can smell it coming.

No comments: