Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The politics of stupidity

There's a Newsweek piece that's spot on about the bullshit we've seen in the past two days.

I thought I'd seen it all during the Bush era. I thought that McCain was the best of a disgusting bunch and would at least be honest.

Wow, was I wrong.

And it looks like this shit is working. If we lose this cycle, I just give up. If the American public still falls for this garbage after eight years of Bush, I don't know what else we can do. These people have figured out how to game the public with demagogic tactics and no amount of truth on our part can do a thing about that.

I don't know if I have the energy anymore. It's just too fucking ridiculous for me to comprehend.

Years ago, I posted about how we had slid over the edge of the tragic into farce. Little did I know how much worse things could get.

No comments: